THE 2020 ZURICH MARATÓ DE BARCELONA CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
The half-marathon and marathon will return respectively on October 17thand November 7th, 2021
The 2020 edition of the Barcelona marathon has been definitively cancelled due to Covid-19. After postponing the race, which was originally scheduled for March 14th and the work carried out over the past several months to adapt the race to the new circumstances, the organisers have taken the decision to cancel the marathon this year to protect the health of the runners, spectators and organisers.
The Barcelona marathon will return on November 7th, 2021, while the half-marathon will take place on October 17th.
Those entered for the 2020 marathon will have three options in regard to their bib number:
- Carry over their entry to the 2021 edition, with the possibility of running the 2021 half-marathon for free.
- Have 75% of their entry reimbursed and make a contribution of the remaining 25% to the organisers as a gesture of solidarity to help cover the costs incurred.
- Be reimbursed 100% of the entry fee.
Each runner will be contacted in the coming days to convey their choice.